The Girls

The Girls

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Construction...day 942...

This ongoing project is stillllllllll ongoing.... Today we finished putting on all of the hardware cloth
 (wire mesh), made a door (not shown), added cedar trim and well... I don't know what we did, but we sure were out there for a good 8 hours!  This coop is going to be the death of me.  As usual we like to have as many chiefs as possible on one project. GOOD-ness, I'm pretty sure I threw a
hammer near Travis, not at Travis, but really close.  Tomorrow we will hopefully have the actual coop part enclosed (please God).  If you hear Travis complain about this coop, please remind him that this was HIS idea not mine.  I was going to buy one.  If you can't tell, I'm tired and frustrated, but all in all really happy the coop is coming together.  I just hope Travis meets the Wednesday (yes, this Wednesday) deadline...
I took the girls outside to play in the grass. I think they were scared. Ginger jumped on the edge of the un-tilled garden, but the others ended up on my arms and shoulders.  I told you these girls were sheltered.  We'll try again tomorrow and see if they get excited about the outdoors.  I can't leave them all alone in this coop unless I know they won't be scared.  

Week 2
They grow up SOO fast. Here are some before and after pictures (and please ignore the Captain Morgan box in the background. It contains my law school books that I can't seem to throw away). 
Week 3

Week 4



No comments:

Post a Comment