The Girls

The Girls

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Out they go...

STRESS!!!!  I know what it feels like to let your children go off to college now.  I am about 35 yards from the chicken coop where my sweet babies are staying their first night and I am stressing out.  Not to mention it is my anniversary today.  I really hope it doesn't also become the anniversary of the death(s) of my first chickens!!  They grow up so fast these days...
Littlefoot
Scramble
Dottie
Miss Bunny
Ginger















We put them out in Coop-Deville tonight and they didn't like it.  (Trust me, I know, I am the chicken whisperer)  So, I got in the coop with them.  It helped.  They snuggled in my lap and hid in my arm pits.  : )  Then I put their heat lamp out there and that made them feel more at home.   They just couldn't see their new digs.


Coop-Deville


Do you know what I need?  A BABY MONITOR!  No wait, I wouldn't be able to watch them get eaten LIVE!



Coop-Deville did get a tin roof today while I sang "TIIIIIIN ROOF, RUSTED!" ("Love Shack")   So at least the children, I mean chickens, will be safe from the rain. 






No comments:

Post a Comment