The Girls

The Girls

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

THE EGGS ARE HERE!!!!!!

ONE of my chickens laid an EGG!!! Just one and I have no idea who it was!  I am so excited!  I have been checking the nesting box because I knew it was getting close, but I didn't expect to find one today!  Someone is an overachiever.  It is only week 19!  They have at least another week to go. Someone has turned into a WOMAN! 

Shocked!!
No, there are not two eggs, just the brown one.  I put that golf ball in there so they would know where to lay.  IT WORKED! 



So I ran across the acre to catch Travis on the lawn mower so he could take a picture of our first egg.  We are proud parents.


Women
I let Scramble take the credit, but it suspect the egg layer is LittleFoot.  She's been acting hormonal lately.  Stay tuned... I will let you know how it tastes. 


1 comment: