The Girls

The Girls

Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's HAPPENING!!!

Oh. My. Gosh. Dottie is a killer. She is NOT my favorite, I am so mad at her right now. I feel horrible because I thought Littlefoot was acting crazy, running around, acting strange, but NO! She's been trying to get away from a killer! I caught Dottie on top of Littlefoot pecking at her head! Poor Littlefoot. I feel awful for her. I scooped her in my arms and tried to comfort her. It was heartbreaking.    I've noticed that she's been staying inside the coop for most of the day...now I know it's because she was avoiding Dottie. My friend Stephanie was over yesterday and we let them out, thinking they needed to be distracted from each other. I heard Stephanie say "IT'S HAPPENING, IT'S HAPPENING!" That's all she could say...we witnessed the third attack in the garden.  Littlefoot runs to me when Dottie is chasing her.  I'm seriously considering "culling" Dottie (i.e. the more appropriate word in the chicken farmer world for "killing" her).   What am I going to do?   Well, instead of going to extremes....I read you can separate the bully. Travis said he would build her a separate cage to keep her away from Littlefoot for a few days.

Littlefoot - The Victim


Dottie - The Killer
These attacks are recent and I think it has something to do with how large their combs are.  Dottie's comb has just become one of the biggest compared to all the other girls.  Apparently, that means she thinks she is in charge.... in charge of Littlefoot.   As you can see in the most recent pictures below, Littlefoot's comb is not as impressive as it use to be and Dottie knows it.   Why do girls have to have so much DRAMA??!!

Pitiful Comb

Bigger Comb
 
So... what were the consequences of Dottie's actions?   PRISON. (I didn't make this up, the backyardchicken.com people suggested I do this for 3 days.)

Prison - food and water.
The ax is a reminder of what will happen she doesn't behave.  Please Dottie, don't make me say "OFF WITH HER HEAD!!"   Pray for Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment