The Girls

The Girls

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Things I never said until I got chickens...

"Travis, will you please make breakfast while I check Ginger's butt?"
"Where's the flashlight? I forgot to lock up our babies."

You not only say strange things, you have to do strange things to... like check chicken butts (please see "Ginger gets a bath" for more details if you so desire).  I was late for work one day because I was busy picking up all the june bugs from the driveway.    They peck at anything their teenie, weenie, little brain believes is a bug.  "Ouch! That is a FRECKLE!"   I find myself saving every single worm I find while gardening so I can watch the chickens fight for it.  I show people pictures of my chickens, not children.  (Yeah, I know, it's weird, don't judge me).

The girls are starting to get big, and loud, and make "balking" sounds. They are totally going to attract a coyote or the hungry neighborhood dog!  STRESS.  I say again, what would I do without my sweet, baby chickens?!  (redneck hick voice)  Wait, what am I thinking?  They are going to live forever! (denial is working for me)   I think Ginger loves me the most.  She remembers how I saved her life by checking her little chicken butt so she wouldn't explode.  She better remember.  Or else.  KIDDING!

Today's feature presentation, Ginger:


Just hatched


Week 2, still confused

I think I'm a chicken

Are you my mama?

I thought I lived in the garage?

Niiiiiice


This is my good side



I like close ups on my good side



Food?



You are my mama.







No comments:

Post a Comment