The Girls

The Girls

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fresh EGGS!

Business is booming!  Well, it would be if I could sell these eggs for $45 a dozen.  We'll have to if we're going to make up the cost of this fancy chicken coop... Le Coop DeVille.  The girls are popping out eggs left and right, 4 a day to be exact.  Someone is slacking.  Based on the colors, the slacker has got to be Miss Bunny.  Ameraucana chickens are slow to lay (sometimes) and lay color eggs.  I have no colored eggs.




4 eggs, 2 golf balls
Because the girls are doing so well, we celebrated with yogurt and cheese.  Don't worry, no one has runny poo (please see prior "yogurt day" post).  The poo is fine people!  I gave them yogurt because they like Yoplait.  Ok I also gave it to them because I can't give them the layer feed yet because someone isn't laying and I can't switch feed too early.  SO...the yogurt and cheese is giving them come calcium to make their shells hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment