The Girls

The Girls

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The versatility of an egg...

What am I going to do with all these eggs?  Well, well my friends...the EGG can be used for so many things.  Think about it.  You can scramble it, fry it, hard boil it, soft boil it, make deviled eggs, poached eggs, scotch eggs, steamed eggs, tea eggs (look it up, its weird), egg souffle,  eggs benedict, egg salad, and sunny side up eggs.  Did I miss any?  Oh wait, there is quiche, omelets, frittatas, egg casseroles, egg drop soup   You can put eggs on a pizza, on a sandwich, on a salad, in stir fry, in a breakfast burrito (my fav).  Eggs are in almost every cake, cookie and pie known to (wo)man.  In addition to ALL baked good, there is egg custard, creme brulee and... wait for it.... EGGNOG.
You can use eggs in an egg toss contest, go Easter egg hunting, let one rot in the car of someone you hate.  I'm talking endless possibilities.  So don't ask me what I'm going to do with 5 eggs a day.  I've got options people.

By the way... there were TWO eggs in the nesting box today!  Ginger was in the nexting box around 11:00 this morning.  Two hours later there was an egg.  I let her have her peace while laying.  Her egg is on the right in this first picture and is slightly larger than the other mystery eggs. 


.








They have produced 6 eggs I ate one and Cora Grace took the one she found.

No comments:

Post a Comment