The Girls

The Girls

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Construction!


Footing
The construction project has begun.  Travis feels a little better about how large the coop is actually going to be, but he was pretty nervous when the walls went up.   There were a lot of chiefs outside on this project today so I stayed out of the way and let the builders build.  I did make the mistake of asking why the lumber was uneven and why would the lumber yard cut it the wrong size.  Oops... Travis cut that one.  You would think this was an actual human home they were building.  Angles, dimensions, foundation, etc... WOW, but I am not complaining.  It is looking more and more like the photos I showed these meticulous contractors and I'm impressed.

Jeff Supervising
  
We also had several wonderful (little) helpers today.  Cora and Molly kept busy by supervising their uncle Travis and pretending to be chickens.  I'm glad they are so close so they can come babysit - I mean visit - the chickens.  The coop is in between the garden and our fire pit. Hopefully it will be complete soon because today the girls started their escape attempts. Miss Bunny and Scramble, the largest hens, are the instigators of escape. I do not want to wake up one morning with a chicken on my head and poop in my bed. All the blogs I've been reading say the chickens have to stay inside for 5 weeks, but these little birdies seem eager to get OUT.
Framing going up
Cora with Dottie and Ginger
Molly supervising
Reading about chickens

No comments:

Post a Comment