The Girls

The Girls

Monday, March 5, 2012

"Gentle"

What a day!  These chickens are worn out!  Liz (law firm friend) brought her kiddos over for a few Easter photos.  Maisey, who is 4 and Charlie, who is 2 1/2 both loved the baby chickens, almost to death.  Charlie also likes to squeeze things.  Scramble almost had scrambled brains had someone (me) not kept saying "OH gentle Charlie, GENtle."  The kids were so excited, but unfortunately the chicks are so tiny.  They were stressing out.  I think Liz got some cute pictures though. 
Charlie and Maisey


Chick Home
Cora Grace
After the first set of kids my two nieces and nephew came over for some excitement.  Cora was very gentle with the little chicks, but did not want to hold the one that pooped, she said. My chicks live in a huge plastic bin with a heat lamp above them. I would give her a chicken, put it back, give her another chicken, put it back, "I wanna hold another one, I wanna hold another one."  I told her it was time for the chickens to take a nap.  She seemed to understand and told them "goodnight."     The next day, Pat (Cora's dad) sent me a text that said "did you rock your chicks to sleep too?" along with the above photo.  Cora had been taking care of the chickens ever since she left our house.  SO cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment