The Girls

The Girls

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

Darren and Travis (and doors)

I can see it, I really think I see light at the end of the construction tunnel. We have doors people!  Today we put up cedar panels around the coop, installed cedar siding on the back, made two doors and a window in back.    NOW... we have to build the nesting box, finish the paneling, build the roosts and the trap door for the chickas to go up and down to the run (play area) and their closed in house.  I know they say you can build a coop out of anything, but not when you are married to a contractor, "anything" just won't do.   No, no, it must look good, be firmly rooted in the ground, with plum 90 degree angles allllllll around. 

I let the ladies out in their coop today so they could test out their new digs.  They had a blast.  They forgot all about me.  : (  I am going to have to starting bribing them back into my arms with treats.  What should we name the coop?  .... their BED & my BREAKFAST, PEEPERS PALACE, POOP COOP.... any suggestions would be appreciated...








No comments:

Post a Comment