The Girls

The Girls

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ginger in the hot tub??


As you know, Ginger has had some, well... issues.  Travis and I have been reading about what to do with her poop problem.  She just shakes and shakes her little tail feathers and nothing comes out.  It's stuck!  I know it's gross, but she could DIE PEOPLE!!  So... you know how you can put babies in warm water to help out their little bowels?  Well you can do the same thing with baby chickens! 
I took poor little Ginger to the kitchen to fix her up!  (no we do not use this bowl for cereal)  At first she thought I was going to kill her.  I base this on her extremely high pitched "PEEPS".  But after I dunked her swollen butt vent in the water she was like "oh this is nice" and fell asleep (remember too that she's the narcoleptic one).  After the hot tub, Ginger was ALL better and had a big BM.  (you're welcome for not taking a photo of it). 

I dried Ginger off and took her back to her friends.  Of course, she fell asleep on the way to the garage...  This ritual may continue every night until her digestive system is fully developed.  Is it weird that I care about these little babies so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment